6 Jun 2023

Just another Tuesday

  

I hurl the piping hot stovetop

Across the balcony at the pigeon

As it tries and fails badly to

Hide underneath the deck chair

 

The thing clangs against the metal chair legs

As the rodent pops straight up

Whacking its stupid little skull against

The base of the seat

 

The hot coffee splashing across wooden slats

Bits of feather and dirt fill the air

And are caught in the 7am sun rays

As the bird slams against the glass over and over

Trying to get away

And I watch on gleefully

 

die you mother

Just take off first

So I don’t have to sully my hands

Picking up your dirty corpse

 

A second bird perched and static

Looks on from across the way

Unflustered by the commotion

I wonder which of us

Looks more insane to him

 

Finally the thing makes its escape

Unharmed

And I am left there

Alone without caffeine

As they disappear together into the morning sky

 

Time to go to work

I guess.